Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Paleo Snack

TURKEY ASPARAGUS ROLLS













This is an idea from my friend Sara Terry who owns CrossFit South Valley http://www.crossfitsouthvalley.com/
She is an amazing cook and woman. I have of course added my own opinions  to her suggested recipe...because it just wouldn't be me if I didn't have something to say about everything :) 


  • 3 slices of turkey breast (be careful with lunch meats they often come with a lot of fillers & unnecessary junk...Boar's Head brand is my favorite and good quality, they carry this at Smiths and Harmon's
  • pesto sauce (homemade is best, also if you are strict Paleo pesto does contain cheese)
  • if you don't have pesto sprinkle a couple almonds or pine nuts for your fat
  • Brussels sprouts (or broccoli sprouts)
  • 3 asparagus
Spread pesto or sprinkle almonds/pine nuts on turkey, place asparagus and sprouts then roll.
Or try steaming your asparagus first to soften and cover with a little (1/2 tsp) apple cider vinegar and a dash of dill.

No comments:

Post a Comment