Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Oatmeal Cookie Peach Cobbler

This is a great summer recipe it is also a recipe for me to use in a point of saying I don't always eat "clean" I do cheat. I love all foods and try to practice a rule of 80/20...meaning I am spot on with my eating 80% of the time and the other 20% I use on those times that maybe I cant control what I eat, maybe do to travel or if I am out to eat or at a friends or family members for dinner, or if it's just flat out one of those days that I really just want to cook and eat a yummy oatmeal cookie peach cobbler :) This plan works for me, however I have to be very aware of what I am eating through out the day otherwise I can find myself cheating more often than not. I began this by writing down what I eat and now have gotten to the point where I don't need to do that so much. If I feel like I am getting to off track and "cheating" too much I will go back to writing down what I eat...more on my opinions of topics like "Clean Eating" and "Cheating" to come, but for now throw out all those words make this recipe and ENJOY!



Ingredients

Topping:

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
4 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Filling:

11 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 5 pounds)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice


Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. To prepare topping, place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; beat well. Weigh or lightly spoon 1 cup flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine 1 cup flour, oats, baking powder, and salt; stir with a whisk. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
3. To prepare filling, combine sliced peeled peaches, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and fresh lemon juice in a bowl; toss to coat. Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Dollop 12 mounds of chilled dough over peach mixture at even intervals. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment